Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Importance of Foreplay

Foreplay... sometimes it's nice, other times I wish I could just bypass it. I tried something new, something I have managed to avoid since I was 19. Today feeling a little more adventurous and having a little more time than usual (that is the nice thing about Sunday afternoons), I went for it. I had Jeff try to teach me how to, and I have to say it was kinda fun. Here is my problem with the whole thing... Why make the process more complicated and add extra steps when it could be easily simplified?

I have to say, driving a stick shift seems kinda silly. Yeah, stick shift, what did you think I was talking about? Anyway, pull your mind out of the gutter. I just rather drive car with an automatic transmission, less steps and better results. I guess I did alright for my first time driving a stick shift, killed the car a few times as Jeff kept reminding me "You have to ease into it, baby it as you push the clutch", well... I had no idea I was going to have to romance the clutch to get the car going, and apparently this fickle clutch likes it just right. If you drove by the Springville High School parking lot today, and wondered why in the world there was a yellow car giving its passengers whiplash over and over while driving in circles, now you know. It was me trying to romance the clutch. Oh and you may want to steer clear of my neighborhood streets for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment